I'm a little late--but I have finally succumbed to to the glory that is Weeds.
My friend bought the first 2 seasons on DVD, and we've become immediately obsessed with Nancy Botwin. Last night, I was at a dinner for work, and I found my dining companions to be incredibly boorish and obnoxious; I pushed back my chair before the main course was served, said I was going to the restroom, and ducked out of the restaurant and ran to my car and sped over to my friend's house to watch another episode.
It's like an addiction in itself. I can taste Nancy's pot brownies.
1) What happened to Doug Wilson's gay kid? The first episode, he's boffing the neighbor and encroaching on Nancy's business, and then he's gone. Does he come back?
2) Elizabeth Perkins as Celia Hodes = genius.
3) In episode, uh...2? 3? I forget...Silas is staring at the deaf girl who gives good head (it's a relevant detail!) as she is at her locker. And she is singing a song and dancing. SHE IS DEAF. How does she hear the music??? Was that a production error? Ha ha.
4) I haven't gotten to the Mary-Kate Olsen episodes yet, don't spoil it for me. I'm a fan of all things Olsen. It's embarrassing.
5) Andy Miller as Dean Hodes...when he gets his head shaved...and he has the red dots from his plugs...I seriously want to meet him in person and give him a hug.
And one more thing:
YOU DO NOT PUT WEED IN MY CORNBREAD.
I suggest you buy these DVDs, it's brilliant.