We are all slaves to cheese. I yield to the power of the creamy texture, the pungent aroma that makes my taste buds tingle and my spirit soar. Mouth-feel. Bouquet. It has it all, I tell you.
During my visit to the supermarket today, I paid a visit to Octavio, my beloved cheesemonger, and I stopped to survey the others partaking in the pleasures of the cheese. 9 out of 10 carts did, in fact, contain some type of the delicacy. And that errant 10th? I shudder to think why. For one to not bow down to the cheese...it's heresy.
And I also realized: you can tell a lot about a person by what cheese they buy. Can you match the cheese with the person?
1) Chubby man in a suit; cart also included olives (green) and bread (baguette)
2) WASPY woman with 2 tow-head blond kids; all smiling pleasantly; later, examined organic lettuce
4) Young guy wearing a battered TKE fraternity hat; used the term "bro" 4 times in less than 30 seconds
5) Skinny, fashionable (presumably gay?) man who later looked unimpressed with the oranges
6) Guy wearing beige Dockers and nylon coat; only other cart item was a 6-pack of Coors
7) Man, walking with boy; asked the boy "What else did your mother say?"; cart included ground meat
8) Woman dressed in black, red hair parted down the center, deep red lipstick; no cart, carrying a basket!
9) Man and woman walking arm-in-arm, debating sea bass, or ahi tuna?...he has too much hair gel.
A) Crumbled Bleu
B) Extra Sharp Cheddar
C) Port Wine
D) Smoked Gouda
G) String Cheese
I) Pepper Jack
Answers: (don't cheat!)
1-D, 2-H, 3-B, 4-G (seriously?!?), 5-A, 6-C, 7-I, 8-E, 9-F